Thursday, February 21, 2013

I love to eat.

I love to eat.

I also love Pinterest. And Pinterest took me to this wonderful blog, Worthy of the Prize, that gave me this EASY & yummy Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe.

I've made it a few times and I have had a lot of people ask me for the recipe. Michael and I love it.  I pretty much love anything that I can pour in the crock pot, leave for hours, and come back to a wonderful home cooked meal.

The only change I made to the original recipe was add a little bit more chicken broth and cut the cream cheese in half to make the consistency the way we liked it.

So here is my slightly different version...

Crock Pot Potato Soup
 
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen squared, southern style hash-brown potatoes
2 1/2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chopped onion or 1 tbsp onion powder
1/3 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 (4 oz) package cream cheese softened (I cut it into cubes for it to melt easier)

Directions:
1. In a crock pot, combine all ingredients (pour in frozen hash-browns)

2. Cover, and cook on low for 6 hours

3. You could add any toppings you want... Bacon bits, cheese, green onions... 


You can also cook it on the stove... Bring everything to a boil and then let it simmer 30-45 minutes. (Basically until your cream cheese is melted & your potatoes are soft)


Now I will leave you with this... because Downton Abbey made me mad.




No comments:

Post a Comment