Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Duff

So I did my best to get Duff to do our wedding cake. Here is how it went down:

We were standing in line (with our VIP passes - thank you very much Mrs. Sheri!) and I realize that I had a save the date card in my purse. Well *ding* an idea pops in my head... We get up to Duff and he says hello and asks for my name and starts to autograph my book. Meanwhile... I pull out my save the date card (might I add- with my address on the back) and say to him "I have something for you... we're getting married June 12th and if you need to do a little pro bono work this year, we are here for ya!" He just laughed and the lady that was handing him the books said "Oh goodness". To which Michael and I are thinking... hey lady- is your name Duff? Even if you wanted to give us a free cake we wouldn't take it. We want Duff's!

So anyways we went on to have a good convo with him (and he mentioned our convo on stage- not about the cake... just about my wisdom) and then we took quite the family photo! Michael looks like a gargantuan next to us! So besides that we had a grand ole time! And he was SUPER nice and hilarious of course!

Tonight we are checking photographer off the list. We are going to be using JoLaura Bell with JoLaura Bell Photography. She did Kristina and Matt's wedding and their photos were beautiful. I can't wait!!

This weekend we are going to try and nail down food! The cake tasting will have to wait until Michael comes in town again, but I assure you it will be FUN! Unless of course Duff calls me up- I have a good feeling about this :)

Ok blog world. Lunch break is over so it's off to work I go!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment