Monday, January 4, 2010

Gettin' Hitched

So here I am. My first blog. We'll see how this turns out. :)

Michael and I got engaged December 23rd of 2009.

What had happened was....

Mom deemed it "Family Night" because Drew was in from Chicago and it was the only time we could all be together without other activities going on. The original plan was go to Zoo Lights. Well the rain had different plans- Mom said instead we would go downtown and eat and go see all the decorations in the Peabody.

#1 The night before Drew got mad at me because he hadn't "heard that Michael and I were serious enough to talk about marriage."

#2 When I got home from work my loving brother Drew told me how crappy I looked and that I needed to change, fix my makeup, and my hair because he wanted to take pictures tonight and he didn't want me to ruin them.

When the entire Nixon clan arrived at the Peabody, we walked around and la-di-da. Mom decided she wanted to go to the 2nd floor to look at the tree up there. So we get upstairs and there are all the tables set up for what looked like a banquet. So I naturally say "Mom are we supposed to be up here?" To which she says "Amanda there isn't food in it. Does it look like there are people up here?"

I think Mom is crazy and we keep following. We get close to the tree and BAM!Michael pops out from behind the tree. Instant confusion begins. I didn't understand what Michael was doing in Memphis so I stared for a bit and then I see Mrs. Sheri with her camera and then I see Curtis and then I look at my family and then I look at Michael again and he was down on his knee saying "Will you marry me?" Only I didn't hear it just saw his lips move. (I think it was one of those shock/daze moments) So I sat there longer and then said "YEA!"

So there we are. He did so good! I was COMPLETELY surprised!!!

Now begins the wedding planning... I have a feeling that is what this blog will revolve around for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment